5 EASY STEPS TO FILMING IN THE PHILIPPINES
Shoot your Film
The FilmPhilippines Office (FPO) provides a one-stop-shop service for government permits including visas, special working permits (SWP), conditionally-free importation and exportation of qualified production-related equipment and goods, location permits and other available production and logistical support. FPO, through its National Registry database can also give assistance with local casting agencies, professional creative services, government assets, technical facilities, crews and services. Please fill up the downloadable form here to avail of the FPO one-stop-shop assistance. Note that this form is only for the basic FPO assistance. To apply for the FLIP or ICOF Incentives, go to the INCENTIVES menu to download and accomplish the respective forms to apply for these incentives.
THE PHILIPPINES, AT A GLANCE
GEOGRAPHY & TOPOGRAPHY
- The Philippines is an archipelago in Southeast Asia abundant with rich natural resources
- The Philippines lay claim to 7,641 islands spread throughout its 300,000 square kilometers land area.
- The Philippines is considered a mega-diversity country rivaled only by a few countries in the world when it comes to variety of ecosystems, species and genetic resources.
- The country hosts more than 52,177 species of flora and fauna, more than half of which is found nowhere else in the world.
- The two dominant languages in the Philippines are Filipino and English.
- Filipinos are known for their strong command of the English language as it is widely used in official business transactions and commerce, entertainment, and education.
SEASONS AND CLIMATES
- Dry Season – March to May
- Wet Season – June to October
- Cool/Temperate Season – November to February
- Average temperatures in the Philippines usually range between 21 °C (70 °F) and 32 °C (90 °F) with the average yearly temperature coming in at around 26.6 °C (79.9 °F).
- The Philippine Highway Network, commonly known as Maharlika Highway, refers to the road system of the Philippines, at present the Philippine Highway Network has a total length of 32,932.71 kilometers connecting major cities throughout the archipelago.
- Metered and fixed rate taxi, jeepneys, buses, and tricycles are widely available in all cities across the Philippines;
- In Metro Manila, the fastest way of commuting is through the Light Rail Transit Train System, which has three major train lines spanning the metropolis.
- The three major islands of the Philippines are Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao is connected by a nautical highway which allows land vehicles to board the roll-on/roll-off (ro-ro) ferries—with Manila, Batangas, Iloilo, Cagayan de Oro, Butuan, Ormoc having the busiest ports.
- This system reduces the usual land travel time by 17 hours to the different key cities, enhancing the accessibility of the prime tourist destinations.
- The main gateway to the Philippines is the Ninoy Aquino International Airport which currently has four terminals located in the city of Pasay, in Metro Manila.
- There are 11 other international airports in the Philippine strategically located in key cities in the country (Bohol, Clark Pampangga, Davao, General Santos, Iloilo, Kalibo, Laoag, Cebu Mactan, Palawan Puerto Princesa, Bataan Subic Bay, and Zamboanga)
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
- The metric system is widely used in the Philippines as the standard system of measurement—speed limit is measured in kilometers.
- The Philippines has only 1 time zone, Philippine Time (PHT), which is 8 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)/ Greenwich Median Time (GMT)
- There are no Daylight Saving Time clock changes.
- In the Philippines the power plugs and sockets are of type A, B and C.
- The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 60 Hz.
- The Philippine peso (currency code: PHP) is the official currency of the Philippines, denoted by the following symbols: "₱" (official), P, and PHP. As of May, 2019, the current USD exchange rate is 1USD = 51PHP.
- The Philippines country code 63 will allow you to call the Philippines from another country.