Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP)
FDCP is the national film agency responsible for creating and implementing policy and programs to ensure the economic, cultural and educational development of the film industry of the Philippines, currently headed by Chairperson and CEO Liza Dino-Seguerra.
The FilmPhilippines Office (FPO) provides one-stop-shop assistance for government permits, special privileges and inter-agency endorsements to international film and television productions coming to shoot in the Philippines. Its banner program FilmPhilippines which promotes the country as a highly-viable filming destination for a range of film and media projects seeks to:
- Maximize the country’s comparative advantage as a location site for international film and television content production, to promote tourism and investment in the Philippines
- Streamline and expedite processing of requirements for foreign filmmakers seeking to film in the Philippines, for ease of business and flexibility
- Strengthen artistic and technical linkages and collaboration among foreign film producers and artists with the Philippines’ homegrown pool of film workers and film production teams
- Promote Filipino films for distribution in global markets and festivals abroad
- Generate revenue for Filipino film artists and production and technical service providers in the country